Thursday 29 July 2010

REVIEW - JAMMER - JAHMANJI

Get it straight without Jammer the Grime scene would be in a far worse state than it is in now,whereas Wiley is often credited as the Godfather of the scene Jammer has quietly and humbly made major moves on behalf of himself and others whether as a DJ,Producer,MC,Label owner or through his classic 'Lord of the Mics' DVD series its impossible to say that Jammer hasn't done a lot for the scene and as one of the most hyped Microphone Champs has previously shown with his 2005 smash 'Murkle Man' and more recently with his 'Are U Dumb?' Mixtape series he definitely knows how to craft hits so with his Major debut Jahmanji Jammer has quite a lot to contend with in terms of expectations but after about 1 min into the album you know its all good and its the same old Jammer.
Opening with the introspective 'The Beginning' where ("life is good right now, still living in the hood but I'm out of the hood, I'm on a T shaped path coming out of the woods, I was any DJ playing out in the shubbz, I was always out for the goods, worked hard put a bit of money down when I could, now I got a lot of shows from now to next year,UK and Europe down in the books!!")
Jahmanji sees Jammer with a much more refined flow and delivery as is evident on tracks like '10 man roll','Bad Mind People','Get it in' and 'Back to the 90s' but It would have to be 'Better Than' where he spits ("Mans moving like their bigger than Ben,none of these MCs are big like H, I'm a big dog your a little Mc,I'm a Lambo your just a z3 better than who what better than me I'm better than you I'm a better MC")
This is easily a more superior album than 90% of urban releases as Jammer kept it Gully refraining from making cheesy pop songs and has credible potential Radio hits('one 4 me' & 'party animal') it is a true Grime album in the same vein as Giggs Let em ave it as Jammer has definitely done it at his terms win lose or draw!
Get Jahmanji and a new set of speakers its a solid 9 out of 10!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment