Tuesday 10 September 2013

Krept & Konan - Young Kingz [Review]


Krept & Konan, South London's musical duo - have just released their latest project Young Kingz via iTunes, with exciting features - including Giggs, Tinie Tempah & Chip as well as fellow "Play Dirty member" Yungen. Fekky, who has built a crazy following in the scene right now also features. Other noteworthy features include an artist who's also well know for his wordplay - G Frsh.



Young Kingz is well rounded in terms of subject matter as it covers different aspects of life, from the pain to the victories and includes the highly anticipated wordplay that Krept & Konan are renowned for.

Though well rounded, I do believe the release is quite feature heavy - in turn I understand why it consists of 19 tracks but fortunately it doesnt sound like a compilation as each feature compliment the track and you can tell time has been spent on the selection process.

The poetry at the beginning and end delivered with conviction and potent words by George The Poet is also a nice touch & I do believe it definitely adds something to the release. I'm also happy with all the features as they don't seem forced - plus seem to fit each concept well.




In my opinion I believe Krept & Konan have developed massively from when I first heard them, they seem to use punchlines and wordplay a lot more affectively rather than just because they can.

Overall I would give "Young Kingz" 10/10 and recommend it - as it has a wide range of songs about a roller coaster of life experiences that many can relate to and or feel empathy toward; It also has songs I could easily see being "club bangers" and or songs to 'ride to.'


Review by Tevyn J @TheRealTevynJ

No comments:

Post a Comment